Figured I need an outlet to consolidate my thoughts, reflections, on a quicker manner which I can access easily and quickly. I figured this would be a more appropriate platform since my handwriting is the worse form out there and my notes are all haywire. More like a way for me to have my verbal diarrhea since writing is too slow and typing is so much more efficient in allowing the flow of my thoughts to run freely. /insert youtube “Best of Bach” music now.
Lately, I have been challenged as an individual. I’m not someone who relishes in being an over achiever nor cares about credentials. But somehow, I have realised I am quite addicted to trying new grounds and owning it. Note, gamer language will be used frequently. I know I’m not the brightest person around, nor the most hardworking, nor the most gifted person. Trust me I carry myself with this realisation all the time everywhere I go. No matter what societal achievements or achievements from work I have, I have never ever thought in that manner. Instead, I strongly believe my perpetual self realisation that I am a nobody, is what keeps me progressing slightly faster than that of my peers.
But to be challenged as an individual and being accused of being a sub standard quality of a human being, somehow I cannot quite erase the bitterness I taste in my mouth. So I embarked on a journey to force another breakthrough of my own. I’ve decided to be the 1st to successfully and be sustainable with regards to dealing with HNW clients. Which no one in the branch has been able to. I’ve churned out mini projects.
- Listed down List A which includes everyone I know who are HNW themselves, or have immediate contact with HNW individuals; mostly family members.
- Listed down List B which includes everyone else who has the network to HNW market. No matter if I’m close to them or not.
- Gotten in touch with wealth x, to supposedly buy a demographic report of HNW and UHNW individuals and their profiles. Which has proved to be too expensive to carry out after speaking to their BDM.
- Based on List A and List B, I will craft a daily action plan to at least touch base with these people. A) Build stronger relationships with them. B) TOMA C) Share with them my intentions to bridge the HNW market and most importantly, to learn the values and driving forces of these successful individuals. D) Come out with a list of questions regarding how to interact with HNW when I am able to meet them. E) Come out with a list of questions and answer them with regards to finding out how else to source for HNW markets.
- Have an action plan to work on every single day and account to myself and my own goals and targets this year. I HAVE TO FUCKING ENTER THIS HNW MARKET OR I WILL DIE SUCH A HORRIBLE 2016.
I realised I am being pushed whenever I am being challenged. Either by myself of externally challenged. This is a good period for me. I just have to follow through. Right now, power of mastermind is not strong for me. I do not have in my possession great mentors which can constantly guide me. I am depending too much on myself and the materials which I read and interact with. Not good. I have to rectify this point with List A & B. I will find great mentors who will guide me in values, perspectives and running of businesses.
Next, I have to find out how to better recruit advisers for myself. Top quality ones.
Hardworking, Heart for People, Humility.
J Tay, S Wong, Z Fang, J Ang, J Kan, J Han, F Poh, A Yeoh, E Ang.
All these people are my pipelines and the people I want to join me. But the right question is this: “What am I selling?” “What warrants people to join me?”
What do I want to sell:
- Financial Success
- Long Term Business Sustainability
In order to sell something authentically I will need to possess it myself, right ? That’s the morally right way to do things isn’t it.
- Financial Success; $120,000 annual income
- AUM + Referral Model
- Proper planning and comparison
- Candor, Strengths based mentoring, Positive Energy, EDC
What are the action plans to sell all of this?
- Facebook? Post achievements and qualifications? Word of mouth? Property? So far this has been tested and proven by tied agencies.
- Through my own business model and practices
- Professional training aspect of Advisory
- Verbal selling? FB? omg social media seems to be the key to reach a broader viewership and exposure.
Recruitment Ideas next post. Getting drained from all these verbal diarrhea. Grace. Training content for XY, KL, JOL to be documented in the next post too.